Saturday 23 February 2008

Metropolitan









I just came back from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and I am still under the effects of the shock. It was simply amazing, unbelivable. This museum is certainly one of the best I have ever visited, or, at least, let's say that they have a lot of stuff, and of everything. Everyone can find some kind of happiness there... Waw, I simply look forward to next Friday to go there again.
I posted some of the paintings I liked the most... Forget about pictures today, just see the works of those artists. And if you can, go to the Metropolitan!

The paintings are, from lef to right, up to down:
1. Arabs crossing the Desert. Jean-Léon Gérôme, 1870
2. Jerusalem from the environs. Charles Théodore, 1881.
3. The Eruption of Vesuvius. Jean Christian Dahl, 1824.
4. The weeders. Jules Breton, 1868.

1 comment:

Javier Peyra said...

son preciosas, pero mas preciosas serian si me invitaras a verlo fisicamente....